Monday, July 12, 2010

flowers for my sketchbook


Today is a good day to photograph some of my daylilies. When I was picking a
bouquet for a friend yesterday,I noticed one with four blossoms on one stem. Of course, today they've gone by.
Also, I saw a lovely viceroy butterfly on the veronica. I'm hoping he'll return today, and I'll be ready with my camera.
Until then, here's a shot of the first rhubrum. Its stem is the tallest in the garden.
Deezel and I walked our almost 3 miles. He was panting and I was sweating when we got back. The pool always feels great after a walk and house chores.
I'm still struggling with some details for "Scroll #2". I'm going to cut the strips of fabrics and adhere them to each other. Although I'll need the iron, today's not quite as hot as it will be the next few days.

DAILY HAIKU 2009

Yes, these few that I did all at once because I was behind( for unknown reasons) look a lot alike.

The Japanese Irises have long gone this summer. everything has been about 2weeks earlier than usual.
pure white Japanese
irises float awaiting
hot pink hollyhocks

No comments:

Post a Comment