Friday, July 16, 2010

short entry


A year ago today, my sister, Anne, and I went to Portsmouth to see fabric art at Portsmouth Fabric and samplers at the John Paul Jones house. I used the postcard for my art workand added some lines, and wrote at the bottom, "rendered on this day by Merrilyn San Soucie".
Today, I'm glad to be inside where it's pretty cool and out of the sun. It heated up when I was doing errands. Earlier this morning, Deezel and I went to Adams' Point in Durham.
It's a lovely walk, around the point into Great Bay, cooler than the road for Deezel. It was new for him and he was a little skittery. But he stayed close to me. I saw a monarch and we scared a blue heron from his perch. He(or she) squawked at us and flew to another tree.
I weeded garden #1 more, edged it and supplemented the bark mulch layer. Our tomatoes do not look very good, but we have beans blossoming as well as cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment