Tuesday, July 13, 2010

summer's mixed blessings

I'm looking out my studio windows. It looks like not a leaf is moving. We'll probably get a shower like we did yesterday afternoon. Quick, noisey and not as much rain as we could use.
I weeded garden # 1 until beads of sweat felt like a waterfall, my hands were filthy and I had bark mulch pieces in my shoes, nails and hair. Ahhh, gardening in July. All the plants I've transplanted from garden # brought their weeds. Oh, joy.
Deezel finally stopped running around and layed down on the cement floor of the screenhouse veranda . When he gets hot, he acts like a little kid. He can't relax; he wanders and paces and tries to stay near me. Sometimes, I have to put him inside to just relax. Yesterday, he wandered around with his hat, finally burying it. (Note the firewood...yes it will be cool again.)
The weeding was followed by a couple quickdips. The pool cooled off slightly with the rain.The second dip really gets me cool enough to work inside without the aggravation of sweaty eyeballs.
The air seemed too heavy to sit outside and read, or write or sketch. "Scroll #2" was calling.
I got the fabrics cut and bonded together in a long strip. I need to stitch at each joint to keep them together. I found a piece of stiff interfacing the may work for the writting area. Now, what to write about...

DAILY HAIKU 2009
Deep pink hollyhocks
open one at a time,
tower above.
I changed the noun and verb to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment