Tuesday, July 27, 2010

missed posts 7/24, 25, 26 and 27

We have had some lovely weather the past few days. I guess that's why I'm behind again. I sat down yesterday to catch up and we had no power. It was back about an hour later, but by then Roger was home and we were lounging on the back deck. We were joined by our neighbor Lorraine.

Today is another lovely day, warm sunny and breezy. The breezes are not as strong as yesterday's. I watered the shade garden this morning as well as the vegetable garden. We have several little cucumbers, beans and a grand colorful spider, still enjoying the abundance of bugs. I am very careful to always know where she is before I put my hands into the garden.
Last night was cool, near 60 degrees. Maybe fall will be two weeks early like everything else this summer. I have photos of a sphinx moth and "Scroll 2" to post later this week.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
This is a nice grouping of days for their text, imagery and memories of the summer of rain, '09.
The collages of the the 26 & 27 have a simplicity with strips of paper, and some basic free hand drawings. I particularly like the gold paper that is brown on the other side - nice torn edges. July had a variety of happenings from thunderstorms to ghost pipes, parties and rain.
July 27
sun followed the rain
steamy heat followed by those
noisy thunderstorms



July 26
chlorophyll free plants
pure white pushes up brown leaves
ghost pipes appear


July 25
family party
food swimming and memories
together again

July 26
steady rain, muffled
by closed windows beats on all -
leaves, stems, roots and earth

No comments:

Post a Comment