Thursday, July 15, 2010

sun and heat return

Deezel and took our usual walk. It was steamy. We were both panting by the time we got home.
Amazingly, he's gotten very good about letting me cut his nails. When I first tried last year, he tried to bite me. My persistent patience has paid off.
It was a good morning to appreciate the ordinary as extraordinary. I saw a goldfinch perched on a chickory stem. These roadside plants have cornflower blue blossoms. The many amazing ,dense spiderwebs on the ground looked like something from outer space. Delicately beaded ones suspended in grasses looked like the finest of crocheted necklaces. A pileated woodpecker, who looks like a pteradactyl, chattered and flew over us. It's these ordinary observations that are the beginning part of the text for "Scroll #2".

DAILY HAIKU 2009

This entry reminds me that my purpose in creating work every day was not one of creating fine art. The purpose was to make even a tiny moment for using my creative side. If a piece was successful artistically, all the better.

Well this image looks incomplete to me as I look at it today. I must have been in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment