Sunday, July 18, 2010

inside looking out (not from snow, but heat)

Yesterday, I missed a great opportunity to use numbers in my art work. It was 7/17/10.I love how it looks, as well as the concept that the month and year add up to the day's date. Did anyone make art about yesterday's numerals?
Also, last night's half moon, low in the west around 10:00pm should have inspired some work. I need to find another "daily" art making project. Some days I work in my Art Journal, (I'll add some photos taken recently of the last pages in my Jan.-July Art Journal after the Daily Haiku picture)but it's not a record of each day's special qualities or events.
Today, without numerical relationships, 7/18/10, no walk, no outside chores to record. The morning's heat and poor air has trapped us inside, although it is National Ice Cream Day. We (Ila & I)decided an early morning trip to Wright's is on the agenda.
When I get back, I'll photograph the rhubrum lilies and the first tiger lily to open. They are from seeds from lilies at my childhood home that I've had for years. Due to the "redbugs", it's the first time we've had blossoms on them for several summers. I treated all the Asiatic lilies early and the red bugs and their ugly offspring have disappeared. I'll definitely add them- the tiger and rhubrum lilies, not the bugs -to my watercolor flower book - August's plans.
I stopped at the vegetable stand in Stratham this past week, Barker's. They had Asiatic lilies that were gold with red blotches, just stunning. I think bee balm and more lilies are on the plans for Garden # 1 next year. I'll get a stem or two this week to draw, paint and enjoy.
But my garden plans have to move to the front yard. Garden # 6 is next to be weeded for several mornings this coming week. I love that my daily schedule includes which garden to weed and sketch. When can I get my writing done?


DAILY HAIKU 2009

This play of puppies refers to the play group I took Deezel to at the SPCA. He was a little too old and very much bigger than all the others. We watched him closely to not let him get rough. He was clumsy and couldn't keep up with the more agile little dogs.
It says we didn't have AC in the bedroom, but I think I meant the living room. Since last summer, we only used the one upstairs.








ART JOURNAL: JAN- JULY 2009
The photo on the right is one side of the spirals with tracing paper as a background.The photo on the left shows the reverse of this page and the next. I stamped my spiral stam on envelopes, cut them out and glued them to the green and blue papers. They represent the beautiful earth and the spirals depict the entanglement of the ugly oil as it spreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment