Tuesday, July 20, 2010

rhubrum lilies, mani/pedi and mosquitoes





After our walk (3 miles), I took a dip to cool off and gave myself a manicure and pedicure. I'm thinking of trying French tips on my toes ! It's not easy doing one's own toenails.

I took some pictures of my rhubrum lilies. They're pretty nice. I couldn't get clear closeups - I was being attacked by mosquitoes. I think the very nice Arbonne scrub I used was attracting them. I had to dash back to the deck and into the house. I'm hoping the sun, if it comes through the clouds, will drive them back to wherever they hide.

Art work began early this morning and I'm returning to it shortly. I put finishing touches on my ART JOURNAL: JAN -JULY with a Table of Contents at the beginning and numbering the right hand pages. The balanced variety of techniques is particularly successful. As is the repetition of selected strategies and imagery. I'm writing reflections at the end- what worked, favorite pages, what to do differently, etc. Part of the writing will include my thoughts about "Scroll 2" - why, why fabric... and the very last page will have photos of "Scroll #1" on vellum creating a pocket with odds and ends of ephemera behind the photo. ART JOURNAL : JULY - DEC is beginning with rhubrum photos and "Scroll#2" connections.



DAILY HAIKU 2009



A year ago today, Paula, Dawn, and I got togther to do art. I had materials to make paper bag books. We had such a great time; we met two more times during the summer and met for "art shares" on a regularly schedule through the school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment