Sunday, July 11, 2010

brief relief from the heat

We got much needed rain yesterday, without the violence usually associated with summer rain storms. We didn't have the 2 or 3 inches an hour that they did in suburbs of Boston, thankfully.

Our water service was back on-line by early afternoon.



DAILY HAIKU 2009, July 11
This group of entries has a sameness, I assume because I did several all at once. Why I got behind I don't know. The only reference I find is that outside work was calling and using up considerable time and energy.
The sun stamp, the puppy paw paper, and tissue appear in several. This has a tag stamp for some interest.

Perfect sunny day
blue sky, summer warmth
gardening thriving.

As I write this verse now, I'm not sure if I like the verb "gardening" having a verb "thriving".
However, I do like the vague impression it adds to the specific sky and warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment