Friday, July 23, 2010


Deezel and I walked 4 miles today, I thought it wasn't as hot as it had been so we could make up for yesterday. He was totally panting and I was totally sweating by the time we got home. Totally panting means his tongue was hanging out of the side of his mouth nearly its whole length.

We stopped at the roadside pond so he could get a drink. By drink I mean go out to his ankles in mud and stick his face several times into the mud/water and bring up stuff, brown stuff. As this happens frogs of all sizes make funny squeaking noises and hop at great speed to escape the monster. This, of course, totally distracts Deezel from his thirst. He pulls hard to go after them. I'm laughing, swatting bugs and holding on although I prefer to not go in the pond/swamp myself.


Oh joy... here's a recent picture. Picture that face and those paws with muck on them. By the way, dog ankles are just above the paws


I got fresh summer squash and cucumbers from a neighbor. We tromped through the deep grass to get there. Luckily I had applied bug repellant. I had collected other treasures, but left the bag of interesting wood scraps and some rusty metal by the road to collect when I'm driving by.
We both did nothing for quite a while after returning except drink water and lounge. My swim was particularly refreshing.

ART JOURNAL: JULY - DEC

I'm working differently on this journal. I'm going through the pages and preparing them for later art work. I've glued some together, attached plain paper to a couple. This morning I cut three different size frames. I'm going to edge them with ink before I glue them together.

DAILY HAIKU 2009

July 22

A simple vine around the edge shows the cucumber vines. I used a LePlume pen for the green.

My flip flop stamp shows that I walked with Deezel that morning.




























No comments:

Post a Comment