Wednesday, July 21, 2010

everyday trivia

Well, we're having another day in the mid 80's and humid. I did some errands, stopped at school to fax papers, and touched base with several friends there who are teaching summer school programs. I guess I'm getting ready to think about school again. I was nice to see the kids. They were all having a pretty good time.

On the way home I got delicious gazpacho at the Loaf 'N Ladle in Exeter ---yummy with their homemade bread --- for lunch. And a loaf of sesame wheat bread for breakfasts.

Then I stopped at Barker's in Stratham for fresh, local vegetables. I was tempted by the lily stems, but chose a small bunch of mini sunflowers to adorn the studio and be a subject for some art work. I've never had any luck with any kind of sunflowers.

I did leave my phone number as being interested in a kitten. Roger mentioned a while ago that a new kitten would be fun. We enjoy Buck Wheat so much with his antics and great personality. He loves Deezel. At least, I assume all the attention he gives to Deezel implies that he loves him.

Since it's fairly cool inside, I'm dedicating the afternoon to "Scroll #2". First I'll write my "story" on the buckram. I posted a picture a couple days ago of my mockup. (It's about my love of fabrics and why I need to create another scroll.) Then I'll attach the narrow piece of buckram to the wide piece. The stitching pattern will create pockets. I'm going to have to stitch the buckram to the fabric exterior and stitches will show. I'll use a variegated rayon in the bobbin and the top.

photos tomorrow...

As I post work from DAILY HAIKU, I realize how different this summer is than last summer was; this is something like day 25 of 80 and above temperatures....

DAILY HAIKU 2009

This entry has three layers of transparent papers. The top has the Haiku on it, printed on computer. Under that is an irregularly shaped piece of tracing paper. Under that is a piece of printed parchment with the text printed several times. The red is ink using a dauber. I wrote additional text around th edge to frame the imagery/text. I used the number of Haiku and the date as part of the text. They look like they are "related", but there is not any numerical relationship. I think I'll use the same set of numbers in my ART JOURNAL. Somehow they'll go with the sunflowers....

No comments:

Post a Comment