Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Scroll # 2 takes shape.

We're getting rain today. So, I did some house chores instead of gardening. Then I met my long time good friend, Paula for lunch at our usual place.

I've made the next step in "Scroll# 2" with buckram (stiff, loosely woven material used for interfacing) in strips - one at 3 3/4" and another at 2 3/4" to be the pages for the scroll. I'll write a complete text all over the wider of the two. I'll stitch the narrow piece onto the wider, and create pockets. Portions of the narrative will be on tissue/tracing paper and slid into the pockets. The difficulty is, I'm still not sure what the text will be.Maybe it should be about every day adventures since "Scroll#1" is about a life-changing, shake-you-in-your-boots , glad-to-be-alive experience.

I should make a mock up (Mark's voice). This photo shows some of the fabrics.
I stitched them together at each place where two met. On one side, I used a decorative zig-zag.



On what will be the outside of the scroll, I attached a scrap of fabric with a straight stitch, which shows on the inside next to the zig-zag.I used a variegated rayon thread.

The fabric strip is 108" long. The buckram is 45" wide so I have to do some adjusting.
DAILY HAIKU 2009
It seems like the chores took most of my energy - even the image is simplified.

No comments:

Post a Comment