Friday, July 9, 2010

seacoast clouds keep us a little cooler

When I watered earlier, I saw that we have more cucumber blossoms. They are similar to squash blossoms, only smaller. They are a near-cheddar color.

Outside work, followed by a couple of quick cooling dips, followed by some reading or writing at the picnic table outside has become a heat wave routine. As the day heats up, I come inside to work on blog and art work in the studio.

While sitting outside, I worked on sketches for "Scroll #2". I'm replicating the paper one with fabric - it'll be six sections of 18" fabric fused to six other sections with "Heat'N Bond". It'll have two dowels and most likely roll from one end to the other as "Scroll #1" does.
I'm stuck for the content, however. That will also decide what I'll use to write on. I had thought of using gauze stitched to the scroll by machine and holding text behind it. But, do I want the stitching to show on the outside? About now Mark would say, "Make a mock-up."
That's not my style. Usually, I think through each step several times until I have a clear picture of it in my mind. I use drawings to help, also. Then I work through the construction and what the sequence of construction will have to be. Of course this leads to doing and un-doing sometimes, or not having something operate as smoothly as I'd like. Maybe a mock up will help me determine the content...
DAILY HAIKU 2009

I like this collage. The flip flop stamp fades with each successive application and works well with the "puppy paws" tissue. The sun, breaking through at last, is part of the sun stamp I made.
Again the text is written on vellum which has been inked on the back with a stamp pad. The writing is with a Sharpie pen for the blue color.
The border has some light writing about breakfast with Linda Foote and that Roger was crabby looking for something.
In the evening, Mary Z. and I went to a poetry reading at the coffee shop in town, "Crackskulls".
The "old friends" phrase has nothing to do with their age !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment