Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Solstice, lunar eclipse

It's old news, but the eclipse happened last night. It's the first in nearly 500 years on the solstice... who checked that record?
I was up of necessity at 1:30; it was a lovely full moon. About 10 minutes later, the eclipse had started and I saw it twice more before the cloud cover did as its name says and covered the show. And I went back to sleep. At 5:00, I got up and it was gently snowing.
Deezel's pestering me for a walk, guess we'll go out through the woods and take Buck Wheat.
I got a long letter from my longtime friend, Dianne and she mentioned that they got another dog after loosing Molly a while ago. I'm not sure I'll be up to getting another after Deezel, but for now I cannot imagine life without him.

DAILY HAIKU 2009

December 21 Winter Solstice
Surprisingly, this entry does not celebrate the solstice. It marks, with some regret, only ten more Daily Haiku 2009 to finish the year !
The tiny text is on pieces of parchment:
                                 Ten days remain for
        art and Haiku marking the
                                year two thousand nine.



December 20 The "snowflake" stamp shows under the parchment, with two cut ones on the parchment. They are from "All About Paper" I wrote the text on thin strips of tracing paper as a frame and with a white pen in cursive beside the snowflakes..
                       A morning's snowfall softens edges, outlines limbs, delicately white.

No comments:

Post a Comment