Saturday, December 11, 2010

positively balmy

It's all relative -it's only 27 degrees this morning, but after a low of 8 yesterday, today feels pretty nice. Deezel and I definitely get a walk shortly.
Thursday I went with Anne to "Radio City Rockettes" at the Wang in Boston. WOW, WOW and WOW - fabulous performance.

DAILY HAIKU 2009 The three pieces below represent the variety of approaches I've used over the past year. I  tried to NOT use a similar technique in sequence, especially when I created several entries in a single day.
December 11

This is an odd combination of stamping and sketched shapes. I used marker and a uniball "vision" for the lines, added two spiral, the barcode/grass stamp and an ink pad for the triangles. I wrote the text in a cursive style with a gel pen. It's not well positioned.
Let's meet for dinner
strengthen long friendships, toast fiends
we hold in our hearts.
December 10
I still like this card as I look at it a year later. In fact, it's similar to the plan for gifts for my "art group". I used similar motifs in a beach journal in 2004 when Monty (Deezel's predecessor), Ila and I were walking nearly every Sunday at Wallis Sands.
It's all pencil. The verse is on a piece of watercolor paper incorporated into the design.

December 9
I stitched a scrap of cheesecloth over the card, tucked in an oak leaf and snowflakes from "All About Paper", added a piece of tracing paper edged with ink and glued the verse written in white marker on black over everything. There are tiny strips of odds and ends under the cheesecloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment