Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas and here comes the snowstorm

Yesterday was a quiet day at our family celebration. All the next generation are grown up and no little ones are running around with crazy, frantic excitement.
The numbers are down from years past. We had a sit down dinner. Tyler and Heather were with her family. Adam is on the other side of the world on the USN Sterrett. Elizabeth didn't make the trip from PA. Roger opted out of being in a family get together to avoid any further entanglements.

On Christmas Eve, Roger, Ila and I watched "Toy Story 3"finally. I loved it, and yes, I did cry. We got the lights on our tree and I started hanging my ornaments.
                                                      WEATHER
The snow storm that's hit the south east blasts our way and the  forecast is for up to 2 feet in various places beginning this afternoon. Roger will have a busy day and evening I'm sure.I'll be snowshoeing and relishing  the lovely white stuff. It's been too dull, brown, and dry.
                                                              PLANS
I've begun typing all of 2009's Haiku to edit. Then I'll make small are to accompany each for my 2011 project. I'm thinking of doing all watercolors.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
December 26  # 360
I used a portion of the snowflake stamp in silver for a border and the leafless tree stamp in the center. I stamped the  text on the printed parchment. The first two lines are from the card I made for Anne on her 70th birthday and the third refers to my Haiku writing.

                      Who counts the snowflakes?
        Who numbers the fallen leaves?
               Who counts lines written?
               
Although it's too specific for the universal sense usually expressed in  traditional Haiku, I like its look, sound and rhythm.


December 25
This is an entry with a "mistake" covered by a white scrap of paper, a bit of the evergreen stamp and the celebratory  stamp I've used previously for family get-togethers.
I lettered the text with pencil in a favored font.

family gathers
brothers, sisters, nieces, and
nephews celebrate

No comments:

Post a Comment