Thursday, December 16, 2010

another cold morning, bright sun,

We have no snow, and it's been too cold to take the kids out for recess.I'm planning on taking Deezel for a walk this afternoon after I get back from lunch with Paula.
I've got some art to work on this afternoon. Stitching on the two gifts for art group, and making an entry  in Art Journal 2 for the Rockettes at the Wang last week. Then, I'll meet technology head on - figuring out how to print labels for Christmas cards to save my thumb from all the writing.

My other blog ArtistsWorkshop is up and running. Go to http://eks.sau16.org/index.php/academics/class-pages/129-art-ms-merrilyn-san-soucie    Tomorrow,I'll be addng the carps that first graders did yesterday and the scrolls from the second graders.
As I wite this entry, I'm thinking some of the Haiku I wrote is worthy of improving. Daily work for 2011 might be to take the 2009 Haiku, tighten up the language and imagery, then do a second "art"piece in a journal...stay tuned.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
December 16 This was as stunning sunset on my way home from school. That's one advantage of short days. There's a clear view of the western horizon an my way home.
I used Crayola brushes for the colors in this entry and wrote the verse with a purple uniball "Vision".
Pink and purple clouds
surround the vivid blue sky -
astounding colors. 
I like the contrast of the single syllable words and the multi-syllabic ones.

Edits for this would take out "and" and "the", again.
Purple clouds float, pink
surround vividly blue sky -
astounding colors. 
December 15 Looks like I was in a hurry -hand drawn sun, puppy paws and flip flops. the border has several "layers" or attempts.First, I used pencil then yellow marker then black Marvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment