Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas in Strafford

It's a cool, overcast morning. Later,  Deezel and I are going for a walk on the beach. Then I'm taking him to the doggy wash center for a LONG overdue bath. It'll be challenge I'm sure, but we'll try. I'll take pics.
Roger's got to stay with the digging project under the front porch/studio to be able to pour cement tomorrow.
Yesterday, Ila and I went to Strafford NH for their artists' open houses. Check  out  www.christmasinstraffordnh.com . 
I bought a hanging flower pot from John Ouellette, barbecue sauce and jelly from Dagne, a small wooden ornament and trinket box from Dick Gagne at  www.woodshopnh.com and a hobby horse ornament from JoAnne Ernst of Sugar Maple Designs. She makes incredible teddy bears from German mohair which I'll order, since I ran out of money. I just don't get  "stopping-when-the-money-is-gone".  I bought a small piece of my sister's, which she gave me.



DAILY HAIKU 2009

December 5
My usual hair appointment at Portsmouth Spa with Colby-  but making changes - new hairdo, new bronzer and still waxing... feeling the aging, maybe...
                   Changing the hairdo,
new bronzer, more waxing -
I am but mortal.

I cut the appointment card into thin strips to weave added a black and a Japanese paper  and snowflake from "All About Paper". I wrote the verse on a piece of tracing paper with a calligraphy pen and trimmed the edges with a brown ink pad.

December 4
I introduced a project with fourth graders about Georgia O'Keeffe. I used Crayola paint brushes for the work, lush and colorful in a season where these colors are not usually seen.
The verse is written on white card stock then glued to thin strips of purple scrap booking paper then glued over the blossom toward the asymmetrically on the card.











                                   Detailed, grand blossoms
                   of summer -enlarged and rich
                           not late Autumn's hues.



December 3

I found this lovely pine cone still tightly packed on the walk at the far end of New Road. I drew it with pencil on a scrap of white paper, glued it over tracing paper on the card. The flip flop stamps and dog paw  spirals fill the edges.  Petals of the  pine
                       cone fit perfectly, snugly*
                          to open with seeds.
* I always have had trouble with doubling consonants...

No comments:

Post a Comment