Sunday, December 12, 2010

rain, not snow for NH

I wish this precipitation was snow.Rain in December is dreary, and cold. Snow would be so much lovelier. I'd be out in the woods on my snowshoes probably soon.
Roger finished the cementing portion of the porch/studio work. He'll be closing it in this week.We won't have to worry about winter and spring rains washing under the porch and into the basement any more.
I made some progress on the gifts for my art exchange next week. I like the way it's looking so far. I'm planning to add stitching as decoration and as a way to hold the front card to the back.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
A visit to the Art Museum at the University of New Hampshire inspired this entry. The exhibit titled "Alice Spencer: Fabricating Time"  was stunning, awesome, and obviously inspirational.
I cut a kimono stencil, used the positive portion to block out the center, inked the surrounding edges then created the Alice Spencer style with the edges of ink pads. I cut a floral stencil for the green, leafy image.
I created a postcard size of the same image to send to Anne since she told me about this exhibit.
The text is on a transparency for the ink jet printer. I debated on its placement for a while and am not sure that it's "right" now. The font is perfect, however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment