Monday, December 13, 2010

wet and wild & beach in green and rust

I Heard The Tree Frog's Song
NOTES:
Yesterday, Roger, Deezel and I went to Warner NH to see David and Laurette Carroll.
The roads were not great, but cleared during the afternoon. We had a nice visit. We came home with a dragonfly print, a sketchbook, and t-shirts. http://www.davidmcarroll.com/
I first go to know them through NH State Council on the Arts. In 1999, (I was Program Coordinator) I invited him to speak at the New England Quilt Museum during the "Endangered Species" ww.nequiltmuseum.org . I had the above quilt in that exhibit.

Gift Progress-
Work progresses nicely on the receipt holder art; everything is glued. Today, I'll add the machine stitches. Then, add fine details by hand. I have another to make. That one will be based on the oak leaf.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
I used a favorite stamp (it's at school now) for the tree and decorated it with a red uniball :"vision" marker and lettering in blue over the pencil.
Each year, I decide to get rid of some of my decorations. Then, I remember who gave me each one and can't get myself to toss them. Dragging boxes out from the eave on my hands and knees gets more challenging every year.
Several are from Newfields' third grade students who are now in their forties...

No comments:

Post a Comment