Thursday, December 23, 2010

two days of flurries

The ground has a white cover -thicker in some areas than others, but white. Now, it's melting off the porch/studio roof because of the sun. There is talk of snow on Sunday, but not before Christmas.
Roger and I made a trip to the ER this morning. His heart "kicked out' during the night. He's had "A-fib" before. A little electricity, correctly placed, and he's back to a normal rhythm. I'm picking him up shortly.


DAILY HAIKU 2009
December 23
Paula, Dawn ,and I shared and exchanged gifts on the last morning of school. Each larger frame has a portion of the text written with pencil in small caps.
I stamped some holly leaves  in the corners and a portion of an evergreen tree stamp on the left side.

December 22 is based on a Mondrian tree that I love to share with my students. After lightly pencil sketching the tree, I went over it with  pentel marker. the background is "cubed" with colored pencil and ink. The verse, although nice, has a twist that I think is actually a mistake. It is written on a tiny strip of tracing paper. 

moonlit landscapes of winter shimmer in the cold dazzle of the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment