Monday, December 27, 2010

winds blowing sound like a train

Roger's out somewhere plowing; Deezel's still on his bed, although I think he's needing to go out. He does not like the loud winds. I'll go out soon to clean the steps and the back deck and take him with me. It's too windy to go into the woods, yet.
ART PLANS
I registered for a workshop at the Currier Museum of Art in March called "Watercolor Collage". Since I'm thinking of doing small watercolors to accompany Haiku from 2009, this will be a boost to my skills. My plan is to begin 2011with #365 from 2009.
Later, I'll finish pages in ART JOURNAL: July-Dec. One marks the lunar eclipse, another for exchanging gifts with Dawn & Paula, and a third for Christmas Day with family. I do work best when it's quiet here.
 The latest issue of "Cloth,Paper,Scissors" has several great ideas to try. I'm intrigued by the books made from manilla folders. After the day's chores, I'll try it.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
# 361
December 27
Obviously, not the blizzard of 2010, we had rain on this day one year ago. It washed away the fluffy snow from 12/26.
I drew vertical lines with pencil, whiter marker and stitches. The stitches in grey thread secured the gauze and I did a decorative machine stitch over it. I drew a "blanket stitch" along the edges, and wrote "rain" as part of several  vertical  lines.
The text follows the irregular line of the gauze and is written with a Flair fiber tip marker.
Steady rain dissolves
yesterday's soft snow. Puddles
pattern the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment