Tuesday, December 14, 2010

green in the season of peace

It feels like December this morning. Deezel and I will take a walk before I go to school.
I finished gluing pieces of  "receipt holder 2" this morning. The oak leaf outline unifies the separate pieces.
Now both are ready for stitching and drawn details.

NOTES
I'm taking some strips of fabric to school to have kids write messages of peace. Then I'll send them to Sarah Haskell. I'm hoping she'll take them on her upcoming trip to Dubai and South Africa. http://www.sarahhaskell.com/ and http://www.wovenvoices.blogspot.com/ .


DAILY HAIKU 2009                                              
                                                                        
                           Rejoice in outdoor
beauty, revel in the greens
                     and lushness indoors.
                                                                                   
The verse could be edited to read:
                          " Rejoice in outdoor beauty, revel in  cool greens, sweet lushness indoors."

I got an infusion of green and living plants with a quick trip to Wentworth Greenhouse to see their lovely plants and holiday decorations
This entry has stamped lines with quotes -they look like mistletoe in the upper left and lower right -
the text on the slanted lines is written in cursive with a Flair pen Lastly, I used a lovely leaf stamp in green. The scalloped border in red was done with a Marvy "LePlume".

No comments:

Post a Comment