Monday, August 30, 2010

far, far behind and very, very hot ending to August 2010

The past few days have been very busy and steadily getting warmer. No time to blog or make much art. I squeezed in a little time to work on a simple spread in ART JOURNAL: July-Dec. with some text as the focal point, written sideways.
Thursday and Friday I was at school. Saturday Deezel and I took a long walk. I did some scraping in preparation for painting the trim on the house. Then I had a manicure . On Sunday, I did the shopping and took a short walk. Then we stopped by our neighbor's for a visit with her family. They get together for her birthday.
Then we went to Bow Lake for 50th anniversary celebration. My sister and her husband , Anne & Bruce, had a small group at the Inn. It was very nice. It was a hot day, so we were relieved to be inside.
Finally today I'm sitting down to catch-up. Deezel and I got a 3 mile walk , but were sweating/panting excessively when we got home. I met the sisters, Anne & Elizabeth, for lunch at Margarita's.
I tidied up my work table a bit, finally salvaging scraps from "Scroll #2" and an amazing pile of paper pieces from several projects. I have a hard time throwing away any scraps since I've been doing small projects.
DAILY HAIKU 2009
August 30
I used the text as the visual across the card. It's written with a black gel pen and surrounded by green, also a gel pen.
Relax, allow the
pleasures of the blue sky and
green grass to enter


August 29 was, obviously a rainy day. One of so many this summer. I drew th raindrop shape, lettered inside it in two directions and colored the letters with a white gel pen. The test is lettered in the framed space around the raindrop. I like both
Steady, early fall rain
floods gardens washes pale
late summer blossoms















August 28
I covered the central portion of the card and stamped with ink pads around it to make this frame. The triangles are the corner of the bronze ink pad. The text refers to school starting, so I wrote it in my best cursive.
An vague portion of an oak leaf stamp is in the lower right.











August 27
You can travel to
new places or familar,
real or imagined

I was playing around with the title of our school-wide theme. I wrote it Dr. Seuss style, since it's atitle of one of his books. I got attached to this style of floating, irregularly sized mixed fonts.





No comments:

Post a Comment