Wednesday, August 4, 2010

at a loss for words and direction, many questions

I know that taking a walk helps me sort out what I want to do for the day. Today, I haven't walked and am getting bombarded in my head with options.
"What should I do today?"
"What should I do first?"
Do I want to read, clean house, begin a new project, work on my scroll......
Yes to all...
Since my goal is to accomplish something practical as well as something concrete each day, I need to decide which direction to take as the day quickly passes. Walking helps me sort interests. Usually the dog helps me decide what is first by bugging me for some attention/exercise. He's sleeping still, although he has had his breakfast.


I do have to crop more of August's Haiku and photograph September's .

The foggy morn clears
Sprinkles wet unshaded earth.
Zoey snores oddly.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
We made a trip to the Craftsmens' Fair in Sunapee, NH. Anne, Ila, Susan and I go nearly every year. We enjoy our time together. We each have work or artists we hope to see, and appreciate the incredible work and the natural beauty of our home state. Since the fair is outside, there are tents for the artists' booths. This is my rendition of a tent. It's done with a Crayola paint brush. These are perfect for these little projects, quick, no clean up, look like water colors and dry quickly. Of course the colors are limited and don't blend at all.
P.S. (Just as I finished today's post, Deezel came sauntering in with a chew bone, leaned against me, smelled my breath, thumped his tail against the table - guess he's ready to do something.
Maybe a quick walk is in order.We'll go through the woods, down to the river and back to our property.[We call it a "loopie"] Then watering the gardens. Since I'll have the hose in the back yard, maybe wash my car. Did art just get moved to the end of the line again?)

No comments:

Post a Comment