Thursday, August 5, 2010

ouch- too hot to walk

It was 74 degrees at 6:00 this morning. I know we're not the hottest spot in the country, but it's not pleasurable to be outside. Leaves are wilting and lawns are a crunchy brown. We're waiting for some rain to break this stiffling heat and soften the terribly dry ground.

The air is a bit like molasses, too hot and bad for me and the dog to do any outside activities. I did water some plants and go for a short walk through the woods. Then I went to my neighbors to see pictures of her granddaughter's wedding on Facebook.

Yesterday I started August's tag book. I added some work to ART JOURNAL: July - Dec. using test pieces from "Scroll #2" and a photo of all of July's Daily Haiku entries. I'll post photos soon.
DAILY HAIKU 2009
August 5 celebrates short hair...
I used my appointment card from the hairdresser's, a puppy paw, and flip-flop stamp for walking the dog.
I always feel pampered to get a haircut, even though it's a regular thing. Using ephemera from every day events as part of the art draws attention to repeated and special events. The gold is a bead of paper. I stamped some gold highlights across the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment