Thursday, August 12, 2010

feeling very relaxed

Walking is so much more enjoyable when it's cooler. Still a warm day, but it has cooled considerably.After the walk, I made a quick stop at school this morning. My room is not ready, the floors need several more coats of wax before everything can be moved back in, but will be next week. Two weeks from today I start with workshops and kids start on the following Monday.
I have had a restful, peaceful summer. It's been a nice balance of walking, gardening and visiting. I had lunch with Paula (who's a new grandmother to a beautful baby boy) then went to visit new mom, Amy, and Benjamin.
Yesterday we had a smooth, fun trip to Sunapee to the Craftsman's Fair. I saw Luanne Udell and she's making a dog pin to send. I bought a small glass vase from Kevin Englemann for my mini collection. I admired teddies and baskets. Sculptor, Mark Rangonese was building his fabulous, nature-based structures.


DAILY HAIKU 2009
August 12 #224
This is a use whatever- is- on-the-workspace design.
Scraps, spiral, sun stamp
show what a pleasurable
challenge art can be.
August 11
I stitched around a scrap of tracing paper. Machine stitching on paper is one of my favorite strategies. The edges are trimmed with drawn stitches and blue ink. I wrote the text in blue pen also. It's a Uniball vision in a near Maxfield Parrish blue..

No comments:

Post a Comment