Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's raining nicely this morning, steadily but not torrential. I could hear the rain hitting the leaves when I first got up around 5:30.
I'm off to work -school. Today we have an all day in-service workshop. It's built around our technology program. We have interactive white boards - I don't ,but classroom teachers do - and projectors. I have several ideas for lesson plans to develop. Tomorrow is staff meeting and Friday is a day to prepare our classrooms. I'm ready to add finishing touches. I'll post photos next week.
I did a two page spread in ART JOURNAL yesterday. I used three days of Haiku and visuals for one side.The right side is folded and opens to a leaf, half collaged and half colored. One Haiku is on the front and two are around the leaf

DAILY HAIKU 2009

Aug 26 Lettering of various sizes and foms on tracing paper simulate a page of names. The text serves as the title of this document.

Aug 25

The spiral stanp in red for the heat, some tissue for the clouds, Deezel's paws and flip-flops are scattered for this entry. The text wanders:

last day of summer

vacation, white cumulus

float over the bay

August 24

The scattered orange scraps are confined somewhat by a frame of green and yellow. Light pencil lines add subtle texture.The text is written in various fonts and sizes:

changing weather, hot

humid to clear azure sky

to bubbling raindrops

No comments:

Post a Comment