Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 days hath September

Forecasters say that today is the last day of this record breaking heat and I'm counting on it. Poor Deezel wants to play and run, but even at 8:00 this morning he was panting after a quick walk through the woods. I walk as fast as I can to out distance the mosquitoes. I must say I'm so ready to not have mosquitoes mobbing me in the field.
Luckily, we can sit on the deck and enjoy the warm afternoons with frequent cooling off in the pool and the mosquitoes aren't too bad there.
All my house plants look good considering they haven't had water f or a week. Soon, I'll be bringing them in for the winter.
The question is , How badly will "Earl" hit New England?
We're into September, even though it feels like July. I finished photographing all of September's entries for DAILY HAIKU 2009. It's fun to see them again and together. I'm adapting the
entry for the 30th for ART JOURNAL: July Dec.
September 2
I liked this entry so much, I made a postcard size one for Paula Rolfs. For this one, I glued a piece of yellow tissue to the card.This has paper circles in oranges and the petals in green cardstock.

The text reads:

Colors fall and blend.
Peace for the coming season.
Red & yellow mix.


September 1 [(or 9/1/09) nice looking number arrangement, Right?]

I made this from a note Paula lelt in my mailbox at school. It's her handwriting, cut and arranged for the Haiku. I filled the white areas with the same text written differently.












Here are the 30 days together. The calendar is a clear sticker attached to an old attendance card.

August 31, # 243.

Another date with numerical interest. The entry is a piece of printed vellum - the leaves and blossom are part of a larger design- glued to an index card. I printed the verse from my computer. It's a celebration that I am semi-retired, not at school, stretching on the back deck in the lovely weather.

The flip-flop stamp indicates a walk and makes a chain effect along the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment