Friday, August 20, 2010

two days, one chore a year apart

I'm ready for the season to change. I don't enjoy watering or any gardening right now. I didn't even go for a dip when I got home from school.

I went there to get some things back in order and get some color on the bulletin boards. When you share a studio space with nearly 200 kids, it helps to have thing organized. I have had a workable , efficient system of portfolios- they are color coded by the table where kids sit - and sketchbooks in place for several years. But it was time to dump boxes of stuff that had collected on top of the cupboards. It'll be easier to keep the room tidy with that gone. The room always had a cluttered look. Now, I have only small, prep details to focus on next Friday.

Since the temperatures were lower, I took Deezel with me. He was very good. He's timid with men but was ready to play when a visiting kindergartner yelled and started to run away. I did have a squeak ball there for him to entertain hinself so I could get something accomplished.

Here's another example of life's rhythms - last year on this day I was at school cleaning and dumping stuff.
DAILY HAIKU 2009
This style of irregular lettering began with thinking about our theme of "OH, The Places We'll Go" adapted from Dr. Seuss' book. Because I generally can't right letter evenly or on a straight line, this fits my natural tendency to float and change size.
For this entry, the text is the visual. Let's see how it looks evenly lettered:
Sort and tidy. Clear
and toss, preparation for
enjoying classes.

I think it's more effective as a poem with the floating lettering, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment