Monday, August 16, 2010

busy weekend, tags and more tags

What a fun weekend. Saturday I went to Lowell for the Quilt Festival and to catch up with friends. It was a nice day and the exhibits were wonderful. Sunday, I was up early, hearing a fox. I had time to do some art work, then got ready for company. We got together for a celebration of Roger's birthday. Family and a few friends celebrated with us. We played two croquet matches. Deezel kept grabbing my ball and running away with it. I got poison first, but my brother Steve won.

Today, I'm pretty much taking it easy. I did some work on ART JOURNAL: July- Dec.
I traced the tag template for "Scroll #2" on the page. Then I traced each one with a fine black pen, drew on threads and stitches. Each tag has a cloth based phrase. I began to see the potential for a wallhanging, so I colored the background.


The lower right hand photo shows a page with the buckram scraps from creating the tag. I stitched them to the paper and glued the page onto the the page behind it at the binding. I had torn that page to about a quarter inch from the binding to be able to see the back where the bobbin thread shows.
(It also looks like a tea bag.)


DAILY HAIKU 2009

August 16
This entry is a quote from a book I altered: "How shall we live so as to get the most of this little earth's journey?" I wrote it in Haiku form. I lettered it with a black pen. It's framed with Japanese paper and a band of white out with lettering on it.I printed around the edge for a border.




August 15
The fabric came from a former colleague that I saw in Lowell. I stitched it to the card using an embroidery stitch.The plastic and scrap of paper were there, so I attached them also. It is a serendipitous arrangement of items.


No comments:

Post a Comment