Tuesday, August 10, 2010

tag book and torn paper

We didn't walk this morning... too steamy. We did have thunderstorms last night, but it didn't do much to cool off. I got up early to open windows hoping to catch some cooler air.

I started a page in ART JOURNAL: July - Dec. I traced the tag pattern from "Scroll #2" nine times. Each will have a phrase about fabric. I'll use the same phrases in the scroll.

I did several pages in my August book - since I missed four. These are fun, just tiny doodles or lettering. I give each a border first, draw with black and add a touch of color.Each measures about 2 1/2 "x 1 1/2". I used a punch to cut them from a light green cardstock. I'll assemble them as an accordion book. Some have writing on the back.


The first photo (on the far left) is a stencil I made from a shape on a piece of Japanese fabric. The one on the near left acknowledges the special day when the numerals are consecutive. I love doing this lettering. I used it frequently in Haiku project.


DAILY HAIKU 2009

I used a piece of leftover paper, trimmed with ink and wove a single piece of the paper for a focal point. The border began as the tip of a Cat's Eye ink stamp then I outlined each petal.

No comments:

Post a Comment