Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thanks to the warmth,the basement is drying out, as is the backyard. Yesterday there were puddles.Today, the puddles are gone, but the ground remains saturated. Of course, it's only March and anything could happen, but I was thinking of getting out the deck chairs.
I took my book to school to share with students and teachers. I need a little comment book to go with it.
Deezel and I enjoyed a walk and a quick visit to the vet's.
March 18, 2009
I took my quilts to school to share with the second graders as they start their quilt study. We will do some handsewing on journal covers which they paint to go with their pour quois tales.I'm glad for the opportunity to get out my faithful
friends and see them. This is a free hand drawing of three of them: "Celestial Ninepatch", Cattail Rhythms" and "Fantasies Rewound". Here are photos -




Now back to "365 Daily Haiku 2009" for March 17th 2009.

This is done with some woven paper scraps covered with tracing paper.
In between weather,
too warm for winter, too cold
for spring, sun fills me.


March 16,2009 addresses the change in time,we "spring ahead". It's a later sunrise and sunset.
Dark cold mornings, the
sun does not get up until
shortly after six.

This sun was done with my Crayola paint brushes and I stamped the 6 with hand cut stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment