Tuesday, March 23, 2010

circles, raindrops, art

It's raining heavily this morning - no walk with the dog. I'll be off to school shortly. I'll be sharing Kandinsky, Delauney and Miro circles (dots) with 3rd and 4th graders. I'll also share the dots I did in my Art Journal when I got inspired by the kids' work last week. Also, I have a quilt with a spiral on it to take today.We are having a good time with this school-wide theme to celebrate our differences.
These were made by cutting a circle in a piece of cardstock. Then I stamped around the circle (left) and inside the circle on the right. As I cut the hole bigger I got some more circles and adhered these to both sides. This morning I added lines close to the larger circles and small circles drawn with a felt tip marker. The Kandinsky style side stands alone. I did these on a scrap from the journal, very smooth paper, with colored pencils. I used Derwent coloursoft pencils which are rich colors.
Allowing time to immerse oneself in a motif allows it to mature.

Where do I get ideas? Well, last night,I had a vivid dream about making art. I was constructing a scene from transparencies on heavy paper. One transparency had tall grasses/weeds. The other had words inside brick shapes for a stonewall. These were piled up, tall and thick. I'm going to try to create it. Somehow, a former student was in the dream. She was hit by a car last week and is in stable but serious condition. Her role in the dream is unclear; I think she was suggesting words for the wall.

March 24, 2009
This abstract was done with scraps left from other pages. I hoped to capture the feeling around school. The online report card program was unavailable and teachers
were trying to get done. The unfocussed atmosphere was from spring fever, I'm sure. Today's text also merely lists the day's qualities.

March 23, 2009

This entry marks the annual exhibit of student in Exeter, NH. I submitted the Joseph Cornell boxes by the 4th grade. We took both classes to see the exhibit. I was interested in some of the line work done by other students.
Art on exhibit
fourth grade class in Exeter
sweet creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment