Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's a sunny morning after two days of rain/overcast conditions. Deezel and I took a walk this morning. The tree workers & equipment scared him. I'm leaving shortly for a memorial service at the Newfields School for my long time friend, Barbara Tebo. Years ago, she did a lot of work to improve their meager school library. Then to the ENT doctors to try and figure out what's going on in my sinuses....
Yesterday, I was with the first grades. We made Model Magic ducklings. Some had a difficult time with getting the aluminum foil armature just right. But then they saw that the MM would help greatly. The second group even made some nests and eggs. I love a project that takes those who are interested off in their own directions.

March 25, 2009
I started a stitching project with second grade, reminded me how much I love to sew, even though, collage is my art form these days.
I use portions of a stamp for the quilt look and "stitched" with a Flair pen. Why did I not really stitch? I love the way stitching looks on papers.

In my date book I wrote, "Had a wonderful time sewing with 2B this afternoon".

needles, threads, fabrics
fun stitching around muslin
with second graders

I'll be starting with this year's second grade next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment