Sunday, March 28, 2010

relaxing and anticipating

It's an overcast day. We have rain coming tonight. I meet with Dawn & Paula for our "art share" this afternoon. I have several pages in my art journal and the idea I had in a dream. Looks like another day for a walk. Also, I need to get batting squares cut for the stitching with second graders. I'm going to share the quilts that are related to my journals with them.

Saturday March 28, 2009 We get afternoon sun in one corner of the field and that's where we sit this time of year to enjoy the sun.
This entry is an abstraction of the layers of brown grass in the field. The first layer is a Japanese paper with characters on it. The paper has grassy look and the softest of browns. The crooked writing looks okay with this entry, and the lines are broken differently:
sit in the warm field
with the glowing sun of spring
drying the
moist
earth

To get the writing straight and even across the collage papers, I would have had to write it on tracing paper. Writing it on tracing paper didn't go with the brightness of the sun, since whatever is under the tracing paper is faded. The gold paper is a gift bag which gets soft edges when torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment