Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring, paths and new pets

Spring is here and it feels like an early summer day (72) as I write this. We got some clean up done in the back yard. I won't clean my gardens for a while since we still could have some cold weather and , yes, snow does come in April. To celebrate spring's arrival, we adopted an adult cat from the vet's. A woman had to give up four cats because her son is moving home and he's deathly allergic. She's (Zeek is her name) 12 years old and is a ringer for our Sophie who disappeared last fall. She's very frightened and confused, since she's been at the vet's for nearly two weeks.Buck Wheat hisses at her when he sees her, but since she's hiding where I keep my shoes , he doesn't see her directly. She hasn't met Deezel yet !!!
This morning I worked on a postcard sized collage to accompany a poem by Mimi White. For the first layer, I wrote her poem several times on paper. Her language and imagery appeal to every sense.There's a soft power in her words. They are for the Portsmouth Poet Laureate Program.

March 20, 2009 includes a ticket from UNH where we went for an day of workshops. As I walked around the campus, I recalled some long ago feelings.The two winding paths represent the paths as I crisscrossed the campus and the many paths that have sprung up for me since I was there as a student.

following sidewalks,
the past, long settled under
dusted memories


I like this verse. It has only an implied subject and verb.

March 19, 2009


This chaotic art work sprung from the fatigue and sometimes frantic days that contibuted to that fatigue. It combines pieces from ads and magazines. I like the character at the left with strange body. I added the wiry legs and other lines with a Flair pen.
The verse summarizes the day:
rush home for pizza
cold drink and a brief nap
curled up with Buck Wheat

This was one of the times that I couldn't get the number of syllables correctly, but was okay with what is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment