Saturday, March 13, 2010

sadness and fatigue in art

It looks like a partly sunny day. I have several things to do before I go to Manchester with Paula to the Palace Theater for "Rigoletto".
I put the final touches on Art Journal pages for "The Lion King", prepared manuscripts of poems for three competitions and finally got to blog for the day.
March 13, 2009 was a Friday and this entry describes how I was feeling. We sat for a while in the field where the snow and brown field created an irregular patchwork.

I liked this entry so much that the one for March 14 looks similar. I used torn papers for both. The brown paper is the wrapping paper from "All About Paper". She wraps the sheets of paper in it.I use some rice paper - challenging to tear - and tracing paper.
March 14, 2009

the warmth of Spring's sun
melts the snow exposes the leaves
makes way for stones of grief


The stones of grief refers to the beach stones I put in the garden in the fall. One was for Monty and the other was for Linus. Monty was a 7 year old blue great dane, a wonderful companion. Linus was a beautiful black cat we got as a kitten from a litter of my parents' cat the summer my father passed away(1993). With the snow gone, I could see the stones again and thought of these two beloved animals most recently gone from my life. And, of course, I thought fondly and sadly of other losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment