Tuesday, March 2, 2010

chickadee, numbers

Well, we actually saw the sun for a brief sunrise today. It's clouding up now. I'm hoping to get a quick walk on the street with Deezel before going to school.

March 2, 2009
I made the bird stamp by carving one of those 1" cube erasers. It stamped perfectly. I added a litle white with a gel pen. The plant is on the inside of the studio windows loving all the sun it gets there.
I painted the simple plant on vellum with the Crayola brush, collaged tissue over the blue sky, wrote the text with the white gel pen on tracing paper and stamped the bird after everything was adhered.
A chickadee waits.
Green plants fill the window view.
Late snow pales colors.


March 3, 2009 "Square Root Day"
I read in the daily announcements at school, from Paula, that it was a special day, mathematically speaking. 3rd month, 3rd day, 09, year So I made another stamp. It has a 3, a 9, a multiplication sign and an equal sign. I stamped equations. The verse is written on tracing paper with a calligraphy pen and glued on.

The next Square Root Day will be April 4th, 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment