Tuesday, March 30, 2010

how many sounds can a sad puppy make and for how long

It's raining still this morning. I've written a poem for the rain, worked on some Art Journal pages and gathered the quilts to show the second grade tomorrow. They do a quilt unit for math, reading, and art. Each one makes a soft cover for a journal. I'll incorporate some work with textures in art class.
I don't mind saying goodbye to March and the new, bright green of the daylilies tells me spring will be more than rain, rain, rain...

March 31, 2009
The day began with a beautiful sunrise as I walked our 20lb puppy though the woods. He followed me closely. He had no name when we went to the vet's. They liked Deezel best, so Deezel it is.. I wrote the verse in pencil on the card.I used strips of the puppy paw print tissue and added some color for the sunrise and some tale bare trees are done with Flair pen.
Sleepless night number
two - walk through
the woods
along
path of many days


March 30, 2009

Again, the puppy paw print tissue is the focal point of this entry. The verse says it all
Sleepless night - puppy
crying, barking, howling, alone
learning new spaces

Sadly, we had no choice but to kennel him and leave him downstairs alone. ALL wrong for a puppy. "Leave them for short periods of time and as a reward in the crate at first" is what all the trainers say. We took him out several times a night for a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment