Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's a cold morning, I'm waiting to walk the dog so it will be a little warmer. A year ago, I had no dog to walk, but that was to change soon...

March 27, 2009
What a day - my school friends surprised me with a "puppy shower". They knew we planned to pick up our new baby over the weekend, so they had gifts and people treats in the library at lunch time. It was sooo fun.
After school we went to the Holy Grail in Epping. I saved a label from one of my favorites to add to Daily Haiku. But I've used only small sections here to avoid any copyright issues.
This shows the text on tissue over part of the label. The second detail also shows a piece of the tissue that JoAnne wrapped a gift in with dog paws on it. As the year progressed,I used this to denote time spent with the pup.
March 26,2009 For this abstract, I used scraps from a magazine for color and a silver paper torn for those soft, irregular edges. I stamped with a corner of an stamp pad for the pattern around the edges. It's an Encore, Ultimate metallic.

No comments:

Post a Comment