Monday, March 15, 2010

rain, rain, rain,

We're still dealing with water in the basement. The sump pump works very nicely, but we check on it regularly; Roger did yesterday and last night. I'm on duty today. The back yard looks sloppy, who knows when we'll be able to actually go out there. Deezel hates going out in the rain and the howling winds don't help !

On the cheerier side, in my Art Journal, I'm working on several pages of circle studies. The author Peter Reynolds ("The Dot")is visiting school in May. Each class is making dots to be attached to a larger dot. The work the kids are doing is fabulous - I got inspired by their work to include dots, circles, in my work. We all started using craypas which are so freeing with their color depth and that they are effective in abstract.

What a difference from March 15, 2009 when I celebrated the mild weather by hanging clothes on the line to dry.
It's a simple drawing in keeping with the task using felt tip marker and colored pencils.
Hang laundry outside
to capture Spring's fresh air and
a piece of Spring's sun.



Today's Haiku reads:

Water's blessing feeds
the earth, disregarding the
sated condition.


The dots (circles) in my Art Journal resemble the concentric cicles made by raindrops particularly on the deck and on the puddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment