Saturday, September 18, 2010

daily entry becoming bi-weekly

I have errands in Portsmouth later to get supplies for two works I've just commited to. Both are for an exhibit in Exeter "The Vision & The Word". I'll create a visual piece for one of Mimi White's poems and recreate my page in ART JOURNAL: July-Dec with "Haiku Collection". The day to drop off is October 6!!! I'd better get going.
I don't know where my time has gone the last week. Friday, I was at work/school. Thursday I had a list of things to get done and the day disappeared before I could sit down to blog. One of the time takers is the situation with Red Roof Hotel -well with their insurance company. They've made an offer for a settlement. We've decided to see an attorney for some input at this point to see if it's a reasonable offer.
Last summer, we went to Gainesville and when we went into the room, a HOT SHOT flea/bed bug fogger had been released and the room had not been aired. In fact, how do you air a hotel room when there's one window and it's 105 degrees outside?
I ended up in the emergency room and since the doctors saw elevated enzymes, I had to have more tests to see if I'd had a heart attack. As far as can be determined, I am well. Of course, with a histroy of bronchitis and using an inhaler most of the year, who knows what my lungs /bronchial tubes might have suffered that may present as I get older. The event at the time with not being able to breathe and subsequent nausea, drop in blood pressure, and overnight at the hospital were enough to make me totally wary of hotel rooms and appreciate my health and life.
It did give rise to some good art.I constructed my first scroll around this story.
DAILY HAIKU 2009
September 17
We knew something bad had happened to Sophie and this entry reflected my mood. I made it and didn't like it - the cat stamp smudged and the lettering looks too happy. I tore it in half thinking I'd do it over, then I stitched it back together with some parchment over the tear.
I am compelled to
mourn the loss of a kitty.
Again, with heartache.
September 16, Sophie didn't come home this morning. I called and looked everywhere. No sign of her. I used a green card stock and brown craft papers, partially framed with a pretty Japanese paper.
My heart fears for the
new empty space it holds not
a soft grey kitty


September 15

The tracing papers and printed vellum are unified by their somewhat similar shapes. Then I stamped over all of it with an oak leaf stamp lightly inked.I made a stencil for the small oak leaves. We spent the late afternoon in the field in the sunny area.

September 14
I like this image. The frame is from an advertisment. It looks woven. It's regularly cut edges surround the torn tracing paper over the puppy paw paper and flip flop stamps. I removed a portion o the frame to use the sun stamps for the warmth of the day. The text is on the tracing paper in all caps, pretty well printed, not straight !

Clear blue sky, warm sun
cool breeze, colored leaves falling
individually.





No comments:

Post a Comment