Thursday, September 23, 2010

Catch up again

Well here I am posting several days' images on one day. I had made a resolution to do it each day, well, so it goes. Deezel and I took a 4 mile walk. I took all morning chores off the list and focused on my entry for "The Vision and The Voice"exhibit - due Oct 6. There were some things that were working and some obstacles. I fixed an obstacle and now the other things don't seem as effective.
I was using a page from my ART JOURNAL July-Dec as a model.  It wasn't translating as well as I'd hoped. As of this moment, I like the way everything looks, but now I need to attach the everything. I'm starting with machine stitching probably on Saturday.

wedding dress and old quilt
 I had a brilliant idea for Mimi's "The White Dress". This summer,when I was cleaning closets, I pulled out my wedding frock -now 32 years old. I washed it and it looks fabulous (not to wear) but to photograph. Seems totally destined to be used.  I have plans,  to print it on a single piece of white cardstock and then use some smaller pics to cut for the small art pieces. Of course, I'll use textiles also. But working out the kinks has to wait.






DAILY HAIKU 2009
September 23
First day of Autumn
The oak leaves are punched from a commercial paper. I inked one and used it to stamp the faded ones. The spiral and sun's rays stamps signal the heat, I maksed the edge of the paper and stampes several colors in the middle before I did anything else. The text is with a calligraphy pen, crooked of course.

September 22
This records a performance at UNH. I went with Anne, Bruce and Ila, but I started coughing and had to leave the performance. The poetry was about life in Iraq for women done by one woman. The irreuglar text fits the experience.

September 21
The text is the image on this entry and clearly states my disposition at the time. The way the middle line trails offf to the side emphasizes the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment