Sunday, September 19, 2010

exhibition visits

Dawn and I went to UNH today to see the faculty exhibit. I'm hoping I can arrange to take my fourth graders. We were totally amazed by the photos of Julee Holcombe. This work surpasses amazing in their complexity and deception. Also,I was caught by Don Williams constructions. There is one photo with a nude female. I'm afraid it will bring the fourth graders to their peak of giggling and impossible to be with situation with giggles, and total embarassment.Maybe we'll go to the Lamont Gallery at Phillips Exeter instead, got to check it out on my way to school Tuesday.


DAILY HAIKU 2009
We went for a walk at Adam's Point on this lovely fall day. The image for the day consists of primarily two stamps - the one I made for bar codes (one the positive and the other the negative) and the commercial one with several leaves. The latter is partially inked with different colors. One color is paprika. The positioning of the verse compliments the image and it's image is effectively created, but the syllables are off slightly. I can't remove "thes" or "thats" when I should.
Walk along the water's
edge, the point rearranges
the salty water.
September 19
Puppy paw paper, sun stamp, flip flops, tissue and tracing paper record a lovely day. This Haiku works well.
Clear blue sky and bright
warm sun hide winter's rushing
to push away fall.
September 18,
Ila and I went to the Lamont Gallery to see Allen Say's watercolors -planning a fourth grade field trip. He's an author/ illustrator of remarkably amazing talent. On our drive home, in the early evening, we saw a rainbow. My coloring of one does not capture the loveliness of what we saw.
Arched rainbow colors
light up a stoney grey sky.
The sun glows pure gold.



p

No comments:

Post a Comment