Sunday, September 26, 2010

Newmarket Heritage Festival and other events

This morning I'm meeting Mary Z to go to brunch at the festival, it's a fund raiser for "Extreme Air", a jump rope team. Yesterday we went to see and hear Odaiko New England, Japanese drummers. They were fabulous - great sound and energy. I bought their dvd, and of course a t-shirt. Check them out at  http://www.onetaiko.org/ . I hope to have them come to East Kingston Elementary.
Tuesday, I'll be at the Wish You Were Where: The Postcard Project party and auction at the Sheraton in Portsmouth, NH. Check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/wish%20you%20were%20where . I have two postcards in the exhibit, one does not have my name on the on-line slide show, but you can see my initials.
Wednesday I start a class in Dover at the adult ed. It's "Write Within: Journal to the Self" and is six sessions. My sister, Anne is going also. We'll probably meet for dinner first.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
September 26
This text is one of my favorites: Hidden throughout the
                           oak's green leaf lies waiting the
                                   bronze of cool weather.
And the leaf motif appears frequently in my work.
I stamped it partially with an oak leaf stamp and made a pattern of the leaf using tracing paper. I drew the shape with pencil . I found a very large oak leaf in the woods and took it to school. (I still have it and will use it again this year. ) It was just astounding in its size and mix of colors. So, the kids used oil pastels to interpret their leaves.







September 25 This entry consists of stamping for a frame and on a scrap of parchment. I used a stencil for the squares and framed the leaf stamp with the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment