Monday, September 13, 2010

memories , tributes, exhibits

I just looked at the invitation to attend the Portsmouth Poet Laureate's Program- auction/exhibit of "Wish you were where" postcards. I have two - one with Mimi White's poem ( with out my name). The other is with one Maren Tirabassi's poems

Try this link. http://www.flicker.com/photos/wish%20you%20were%20where/

Today's entry is another catch up.
I was in school on Friday, in Portland on Saturday and busy all day Sunday. Today I had another long list of chores, but wrote "blog" and ART JOURNAL near the top of the list.

So, after vacuuming, taking a walk, making spaghetti sauce, watering garden with pool water, washing my car (also with pool water) , doing laundry (not with pool water), going to the drugstore I am sitting down to catch up with art work.

Saturday I went to Portland Museum of Art in Maine with Paula and Dawn. We met Deb there. She's a friend of Paula's and a lifetime resident of Portland. She took us on a driving tour of the Old Port and Fort Williams/Portland Head Lighthouse. We had a fabulous lunch, lots of laughs and just an all around greta time. On the way home, we stopped in Portsmouth to get acrylic frames and elastics to make display boards for ourselves.
DAILY HAIKU 2009 September 13, 12 , 11, 10 Except for September 11, these entries have fun writing, dog paws and flip-flop stamps. The 13, Deezel and walked 3 miles. I wrote the day lightly in pencil over the entire card before I collaged on it. On the 12th, I used the appointment card from my hairdresser in the collage and tried to imitate the text font.
Of course on the 11th, I paid tribute to the losses and fears on that day with simple pencil drawings of the twin towers. On the 10th I covered the entire card with the dog paw tissue and stamped with flip flops, sun and barcode/grass stamps. Deezel and I walked all of New Road, making a 4 mile walk. I thought of the last summer with Monty, a year ago, and the many walks he and I took together.



No comments:

Post a Comment