Sunday, April 18, 2010

The weather is supposed to slowly clear today and tomorrow. Everything has sprung up with the rain - green is the color of the day with its subtle spring differences.I need to get some bug killer for those that eat the oriental lilies. As I drive around, I am dazzled by the yellow forsythia and the near white of the early fruit trees. Our apple trees have buds. Tulips and daffodils are lasting thanks to the cool weather. I am still amazed that the bleeding hearts are blossoming. I think they usually blossom in late May.
I have not done any work in my Art Journal. Yesterday I made curtains for the little bedroom that we've always called the "junk room". They're a crayon box colors seersucker. I have enough to make a small quilt since we plan to furnish it like a bedroom, not a closet.
Sewing is something I have not done much of lately. I have a turkey tracks quilt that I've been hand piecing for several years. I love sewing on the back deck in the summer. Especially after working in the garden and a swim in the pool.
April 18, 2009
I have two dated the 19th, so I'll use the bloodroot for the 18th and the daffodils for the 18th. The former are the plants in Ruth MacDowell's quilt and in much of my work. They come early and are strikingly white against the soil. The blossoms are delicate, wind rain or warmth in the extreme can destroy them But, the leaves contine to grow and look good all summer.

I created a simple border with pencil and did some quick pencil sketches beside the small photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment