Monday, April 12, 2010

friends, poetry, poets

The morning's soft light reflects warmth across the tree trunks and on the trailer next door. It's cool. The delicate bloodroot blossoms have fallen , the tiny seed pods have formed. They had to endure the heat of one day and the strong winds on two days.The day offers many wonderful options ahead - writing, walking gardening and art and vacuuming. I'm practicing with "gelatine" printing this week. I have two pages in my Art Journal to refine and make some decisions about.

Yesterday, Sunday April 10, I met my friend, poet Mimi White at a performance at the Portsmouth Library. It was Debra Connor presenting Emily Dickinson. It was wonderful, too short in some ways. Then Mimi told me about "haibun", another form of poetry to investigate. I looked it up this morning and it's intriguing. It combines prose and Haiku.

April 12, 2009
Easter Sunday brings a large group of family (including Ila, our dear friend) for feasting and sharing.
I used the stamp used prior to show get togethers, only in fragments. Then I stenciled an "egg" over it. The verse marks the event with a list.
family, friends, food
laughter,hugs, fresh air & sunshine
generations celebrate

For us, it's not about the religious significance of the day, but getting together.

April 11, 2010
One of many trips to my favorite greenhouse, Wentworth's in Rollinsford. I got pansies, container for me and one for Barbara. ( I picked up pansies again in 2010 as well as a new house plant, the orchid cactus, and an Easter lily. I got pansies to take to Barbara's grave, but haven't worked up the courage.)
rains and cold winds blow
hyacinths, pansies, daffodils
spring's fragrant colors

I worked on watercolor paper, drawing the pansies with colored pencil. I wish the words could have been placed differently. They seem too close to the blossoms, but I was happy with the blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment