Saturday, April 10, 2010

blossoms, fuschia

Today is sunny but windy and cool. We might get out to the screen house for some time this afternoon, since it looks like a day to be out. I've been reading up on printing techniques and am going to do some for my journal. Gelatin printing gets great effects. I have two pencil drawings to add also. One is the blossom on an Easter lily the other is a blossom on an orchid cactus I got a couple weeks ago. Since they're on small pieces of paper, I haven't figured out how to integrate them.

April 10, 2009 The fuschia color - doesn't that sound better than "pink" - is from one of those magazine subscription inserts. Over a small piece of the gold paper,it made an effective focal point and nice for writing on.
Several stamps one over the other created the background texture.
lovely afternoon
in the field, solid grey skies
spring days are coming


April 9, 2009

This circular stamp is surprisingly versatile - I was careful to ink one spot orange for each of the full moons. I saw the moon set on the quick walk, and the moon rise that evening, both times out with the puppy. The verse recalls this event:
Orange full moon sets
early morning. Rises again
round, yellow at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment