Thursday, April 29, 2010

morning sun, spring green

Well today will be more like April, even though it's almost May...
One of the main reasons I started the Daily Haiku was to slow time down, to hang onto the time that goes so quickly from one month to the next. I heard myself asking," Where did____ go?" so frequently. Now I can look back at 2009 and see and remember where it went. My Art Journal serves this same purpose, but it's more thematic than a daily exercise.

April 29, 2009
summer weather again
I went with some friends from school for some pampering - a manicure and pedicure at a shop in Amesbury. The women spoke little English and sat at my feet. I felt pampered, yet it was somewhat disconcerting
Several women did the work -one the pedi, one the toenail polish, another the massage and a fourth did my fingernails. We had lunch at JoAnne's house.
The drawing shows hands and toes done with pen on tracing paper. (This is when I got the idea for my stamp for the flipflops, which I use to show walking the dog.)I edged the card with a portion of the spiral stamp, because it was warm. A scrap of tracing paper under the tissue with the paw adds a subtle texture. The strips of tan rice paper helped fill the space which seemed a little too big. The verse is on that paper.
pedicure, polish
low stools, their native language
manicure, massage

No comments:

Post a Comment